Jul 1, 2022
Should you pay off debt or invest? It’s a straightforward question. Yet, the answer is often not so straightforward and really depends on your situation.
In this episode of the Finance For Physicians Podcast, Daniel Wrenne talks to Jeff Wenger about the proper way to think through this question so that you can begin making more educated decisions about debt and investing.
• Assumptions and Assessment Factors:
◦ What’s more important right now—financial independence or flexibility?
◦ Are you saving enough or have enough to invest or pay off debt?
◦ Mitigate Risks: Why consider return rates, interest rates, taxes, cash flow?
• Mortgage Myths: Pre-payments can actually create loss of flexibility with funds
• Be strategic: Consider refinancing debts to change the variables in your favor
• Financial Stress: What makes you happy versus what makes you worry?