Oct 26, 2022
Have you ever worked with a financial planner? Do you have enough money saved for a financial planner to help? When are you ready to hire a financial planner? Depends on the situation or preference. If you want help, the sooner the better.
In this episode of the Finance for Physicians Podcast, Daniel Wrenne talks to Jeff Wenger, a Certified Financial Planner (CFP®), about when to hire a financial planner.
• Use Cases: When to start working with a financial planner
• Human Capital Habits: How do you accumulate your wealth? Income
• Life Transitions: Get finances right in the beginning by planning for the future
• Finances and Investments: What are your options? Inefficiencies?
• Backdoor Roth IRA: Involves all different facets of financial planner tasks
• Reasons to Hire a Financial Planner:
◦ Don’t have time to handle your finances.
◦ Unsure if things are getting done correctly.
◦ Complexity of your finances is intimidating.
◦ Struggling to keep finances organized.
• Ways to Engage a Financial Planner:
◦ 95% of the industry has a sales/commission component.
◦ Verify terminology given by business to know if it is misleading.
◦ Pay for financial planner’s advice.
◦ You’re not locked in to work with the same financial planner forever.
• When to Seek Help from a Financial Planner:
◦ Educate yourself to make the best decision.
◦ Know the pros and cons of finding a financial planner.
◦ Figure out if now is the right time or not.